The institute has a dedicated thrust on the problems of the health of women, towards prevention of occupational hazards and promotion of health and safety of women workers in diverse occupational activities. The studies have been undertaken including workforce in unorganised and organised sectors.
- Physiological evaluation of women agricultural workers in relation to workload, working climate and handtools.
- Anthropometry and nutritional status of women in small scale industry, e.g., beedi industry, garment manufacturing,
- Work stresses of women engaged in telecommunication, hospital services, beedi industry, garment manufacturing, khadi, etc.
- Work methods and posture analysis of women in sitting work in small industries.
- Work, health and safe exposure of women in hot environment, with special reference to simulated experimentation in the climatic chamber.