Name of Department
- Radiology Laboratory as a central facility at the Institute.It can be mobilised to carry out Radiological Investigations in the epidemiological studies related to hazardous working environment and all other projects in the field.
|Dr. H. G. Sadhu||
|Mr. Sanjeev Kumar||
Mr. B. B. Patel
- X Ray generator 500mA capacity (Schimadzu).
- Autoprocessor for X Ray film development.
- As a central facility,it is being put to use as and when required for the various studies of the institute
- Silicosis: Silicosis was studied among following industries:
- Slate pencil industries
- Agate industries
- Quartz grinding industries
- Stone quarries.
- Asbestosis: Asbestosis was studied in:
- Asbestos cement industries
- Asbestos textile industries
- Asbestos mining and milling industries
- Other Occupational Morbidities
- Sharma,Y.K., Kulkarni,P.K., Shah,A.R., Patel,M.D. and Kashyap,S.K. Occupational exposure to inorganic fluorides.; Indian J of Ind Med; 37(1991) 13.
- H.N.Saiyed, D.J.Parikh, N.B.ghodasara, Y.K.Sharma, et al : Silicosis in slate Pencil workers, An Environmental and Medical study. American Journal of Industrial Medicine. 8: 127-133, 1985.
- Sadhu HG, Parikh DJ, Sharma,Y.K., Saiyed HN, Rao PVC, Kulkarni PK and Kashyap SK: A follow up study of health status of small scale Agate Industry workers. Ind J Indust Med. 41 (3), September 1995, 101–105.
- Venkaiah K, Saiyed HN, Sharma,Y.K., Sadhu HG and Kashyap SK: Multiple logistic Model to assess the Non–occupational pneumoconiosis risk. Ind J Occup Health. 36 (4),103–105. 1993.
- HN Saiyed, Sharma,Y.K., HG Sadhu, T. Norboo, PD Patel, TS Patel, K Venkaiah, SK Kashyap: Non-occupational Pneumoconiosis at High Altitude Villages in Central Ladakh. British Journal of Industrial Medicine (1991): 48 : 825 – 829.
- Saiyed H.N., Sharma,Y.K., Norboo T. et all ”Clinico-Radiological and PFT profile in Non-Occupational Pneumoconiosis “. Indian Journal of Industrial med. 38 : No.4,1992,pp148-152.
Papers presented at various seminars/conferences
- H.N.Saiyed, Sharma YK, D.J.Parikh, N.B. Ghodasara, et al “Occurrence and Prevention of Silicosis in some Cottage industries in India”: International Satellite Symposium on Occupational Health in Unorganised sector. Ahmedabad. 1988.
- P.K. Majumdar, H.N. Saiyed, Sharma YK, et al:Lung function study of Agate workers”: International Satellite Symposium on Occupational Health in Unorganised sector. Ahmedabad. 1988.
- H.N. saiyed, Sharma YK, S.K. Kashyp, ”Clinico-Radiological Manifestations of Silicosis following exposure to high Silica in Indian workers”: 28th Annual conference of chest physicians (India) 10-12 Jan 1989.at University of Delhi.
- Sharma YK, P.K. Kulkarni, A.R. Shah, M.D. Patel, ”Occupational exposure to Inorganic Fluoride”: 39th National Conference of “ Indian Association of Occupational Health” held at Banglore 12-13 May 1989.
- Sharma YK, P.C. Yadav, S.K. Kashyap, “ Development of a Device for detection of exact end of inspiration for ideal Chest-Radiography”: 39th National Conference of “ Indian Indian Association of Occupational Health” held at Banglore 12-13 May 1989.
- P.C.Yadav, T.S.Patel,, N.Jayapaul, P.D.Patel,, Y.K.Sharma, A.Dewan and S.K.Kashyap. “Development of Animal exerciser – an enclosed treadmill for Inhalation toxicological exposure to Methyl iso cyanate” Presented at 4th annual conference of Indian Aerosol Science & Technology Association on 12th and 13th Oct.,1992 at NIOH Ahmedabad