Name of Department
Neurobehavioral Toxicology Division
- Research & Development in the areas of workers’ health exposure to environmental, chemicals, dust at time of work in respect of Neurobehavioral Toxicology.
- To evaluate in respect of neurobehavioral consequences of exposure to environmental chemicals in laboratory animals as well as human.
|Dr. Rajnish Gupta||
Mrs. M. V. Shrimali
- Eight arm redial maze- for learning of spatial memory.
- Rota Rod - for screening chemicals/drugs affecting motor incoordination and neuro-toxicity
- Passive-Active avoidance system - for testing of compound on conditioned response (avoidance behavior )
- Grip Strength Meter- for assessing neuromuscular function /performance.
- Startel reflex Monitoring system - which assessing startle reflex is a key indicator in evaluating sensory and CNS performance.
- Water Maze - for assessing learning and spatial memory function / performance.
- Animal Activity monitoring system - for testing of compound on spontaneous motor activity.
- Cooks apparatus- for conditioning.
- Aggressive meter -Aggressive Behavior
- Hebbs Williams apparatus- for learning & memory.
- Experimental studies on endosulphan with special references to endocrine & reproductive dysfunction in rats.
- Neurobehavioral Study
- Experimental studies of arsenic with special references to endocrine & reproductive dysfunction in rats.
- Neurobehavioral Study
- Research in my laboratory focuses on behavioral testing considered the alterations in nervous system that may identified; using neurobehavioral tests to evaluate neurobehavioral consequences of exposure to environmental chemicals in laboratory rats and mice. functional observation battery and forced behaviors tests (learning & memory) for use in this endeavor by using certain test apparatus/instruments such as rotarod, active and passive avoidance system, aggresometer, water maze monitoring setup, mazes, sterotoxic instrument, grip strength meter, startle reflex monitor and auto track animal activity monitor.
- Pharmacology and Toxicology of Industrial solvents:
- Carbon Disulphide
- Neurobehavioral Toxicology of Metals:
- From this department, papers have been published in national and international proceedings and journals (over 300 papers and communications) as well established reputation in India and abroad